Wednesday, September 15, 2010

At the Beginning (Adventure #1)



I’ve been in India for over a month now.  Unfortunately, the aviators weren’t with me for that first month and half…which is, I’m sure, why the going was so hard.  Anyways, they’re here now, which is what matters.

So, our first adventure together consisted of a trip to Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India!  Woooo!

We took a Night Train there...12 long hours







Ate some of the best chocolate in the world (Kinder Bueno) offered to us by Megan












We went and saw a mosque on the last day of Ramadan so it was super crowded.



















Bought some awesome shoes off the
street and bargained them down from
400 rupees to 250 rupees.  That's $5 for those
of you who don't know rupees.
















Golkonda Fort the next day!  Got sunburned unfortunately














Saw some beautiful Muslim Tombs














Saw the Buddha statue out in the middle of the lake (via speed boat...that felt like it was about ready to sink!)






















Possibly the best part of the trip: McDonalds!!!!










And then it was time to go home...

















Via Night Train, of course!
And yes, Megan stole the aviators from me...
Don't worry, I fought her and got them back!
























And that was the very first trip that the aviators took with me...

One last of picture of the beautiful city Hyderabad!










4 comments:

  1. Thanks Aviators. . . It is nice to see pictures, since that is probably as close to exotic travel I get. I am just glad the pictures improved as they weren't all taken through the aviators. Next time I buy a car I will have you do the bargaining, sounds like you will be good at it!! Way to keep the first post positive, shopping, eating, and interesting buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I think the question most of us have is where can I get a pair of the aviators of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I heard rumors that Dan wanted a pair of shoes like that, and though we can't see all of them, I'm pretty sure Brian would look great in pants like the one's you've got on in the same picture. Hopefully you got them each a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the shoes!! And we're glad you went all the way to India to go to McDonald's. But . . . what do they use for their hamburgers? Water buffalo? (dad wants a pair of the pants, too . . . )

    ReplyDelete